Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Soup!

Dear Nigella

I hope you don’t mind me writing to you directly, but I have recently discovered a fab new recipe which was so quick and easy to make that I’m sure you’ll want to include it in your next ‘Nigella Express’ series. It’s ideal for those busy working mums like yourself who barely have the time to air their vanilla pods during their hectic schedules.

I happened upon this recipe quite by chance, and it’s a really super way of saving money, combining leftovers from the day before to make a delicious supper ideal for that impromptu dinner party. We had just filled the dishwasher with the dirty dishes from the evening’s fish pie supper and the next morning found that the stupid thing had broken. But imagine our delight when we realised that the fishy water sloshing around in the bottom was, in fact, fabulous seafood chowder – yum, yum! I know this probably sounds a bit healthy, so I’d recommend chucking in at least half a bottle of dry white, half a pound of chopped chicken livers and a pint of double cream.

Now if that doesn’t get you creeping downstairs in your dressing gown for a little midnight feast I don’t know what will. I think Mrs B had a few too many mouthfuls when she was clearing it up – she ended up retching! Old greedy guts!

Anyway, I’ve had lots of thoughts recently about things to warm you up, and I thought it was about time I gave you one.

Kind regards,

Bogsey.

No comments: